Under supervision of the Branch Manager, installs, maintains, troubleshoots and upgrades computer hardware, software, and peripheral equipment. Associate performs general technical support functions, including assembly, configuration and maintenance of the electronics that are acquired by the program. Knowledge of mobile devices and repair/refurbishment is highly desirable.
- Ensures that all electronics are processed in an efficient manner.
- Installs, operating systems and software.
- Assembles and configures computers, monitors, and peripherals such as printers, POS terminals, etc.
- Acts as a technical resource with regard to problems with equipment and software.
- Troubleshoots problems with computer systems, including troubleshooting hardware and software, and peripheral equipment problems; makes repairs and corrections where required.
- Makes hardware and software acquisition recommendations including users assessment of needs and providing justification for equipment and services.
- Monitors use of supplies and equipment; notifies supervisor with needs of the department in a timely manner.
- Efficient use of resources to maximize.
- Assists in processing materials: Remove drives, Ram, other components.
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude are essential for success in this role.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Performs electronic data destruction (wipe hard drive).
- Assists with the planning, design, research and acquisition of new or upgraded hardware and software systems.
- Maintains current knowledge of hardware, software and network technology and recommends modifications as necessary.